- 7 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | All Agendas
The Recreation and Parks Commission is composed of 12 members appointed by the Town Council:
- 1 non-voting, liaison member shall be selected from the membership of the Town Council
- 1 non-voting, liaison member shall be selected from the Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Board of Education
- 1 voting liaison member shall be selected from the Youth Council
- 9 members shall be residents from the town
Duties & Responsibilities
The commission shall advise the Town Council and the administration (e.g., the manager or recreation director) concerning:
- The acquisition of real or personal property to be used for park or recreation purposes and the maintenance and use of all town owned, leased or operated parks and recreational facilities
- The operation of all recreation programs
- Future needs for the acquisition of additional recreation facilities or the expansion of recreational programs and alternative means of acquiring such facilities or operating such programs
The commission shall report to the Town Council as requested by the council and shall undertake such studies or perform such duties as the board may request from time to time.