BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 4/24/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, April 24, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Mayor Lavelle proclaimed the month of May as 2018 Bike Month.
Advisory Board Appointments:
- The Town Clerk read a charge to Tanya Jisa who was recently appointed to the Economic Sustainability Commission.
- The Board approved the previous meeting minutes for 3/28/18 and 4/3/18.
- The Board received information on the Town’s First Annual Citizens Academy.
- The Board appointed the following people to the Planning Board:
- Alison DeMarco and Corey Root presented the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness 2017 Activities report to the Board
- The Board approved the 2018 Legislative Priorities
- The Board adopted Article III of Chapter 7 with the updated Town Code for Streets and Public Events
- The Board appointed Linda Haac to the Transportation Advisory Board.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.