BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 5/15/18
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
Proclamations: Mayor Lavelle proclaimed May 2018 Mental Health Awareness Month. Mayor Lavelle proclaimed the week of May 15th as National Police Week and Peace Officers’ Memorial Day.
Advisory Board Members charged:
- Jaye Meyer- Planning Advisory Board
- David Darr- Economic Sustainability Commission
Public Hearing on Draft Stormwater Utility Rate Structure
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for the April 10th meeting.
- The Board postponed the approval of the meeting minutes for the April 17th meeting.
- The Board adopted a resolution to award a service sidearm to a retiring police officer.
- The Board authorized to renew and amend SprintCom, Inc. Lease Agreement for communication antenna co-location on Town Hall.
- The Board authorized to renew and amend T-Mobile South LLC Lease Agreement for Communication antenna co-location on town hall tower.
- The board set a public hearing to amend the official zoning map to designate the Lloyd/Broad Overlay District for June 5th.
- The Board voted to authorize the Town Manager to accept an offer and execute deeds for the Transfer of Real Property and Easements associated with the Estes Dr. /N. Greensboro Street Roundabout improvements.
- The Board authorized the update to the Community Climate Action Plan
- Randy Dodd presented to draft stormwater utility rate structure to the Board.
- Members of the public had the opportunity to speak about the draft rate structure.
- This item will be brought back for the Board’s consideration on June 5th.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News.