BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 4/10/19
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday April 10, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials for this meeting, and previous meetings, are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed April 2019 as “Sexual Assault Awareness Month” in Carrboro.
- Mayor Lavelle Proclaims April 8, 2019 as Frederick Lewis Battle Day in Carrboro.
- The Board of Aldermen approved a resolution in response of recent acts of racial intimidation on the Campus of UNC Chapel Hill.
- The Board approved a minor modification to the CUP for 300 East Main Street for a roof canopy and additional outdoor seating.
- The Board was provided with an Economic Development report for the month of April.
- A public hearing was held for the Jones Creek Greenway at 15% design.
- The Board approved to proceed with 3-6am concrete pour from IFC associated with construction of a new building at 110 West Main Street.
- The Board reviewed a preliminary draft ordinance and Master Plan to rezone property to Old NC 86 and Eubanks Road to a site specific flexing zoning district.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News