BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 9/10/19
- Mayor Lavelle Recognizes 400 Years of African-American History with Proclamation.
- Advisory Board members received charges.
- The Board approved minutes from the June 11, 18, and 25th meetings with amendments.
- The Board was updated on the Economic Development Report for the Month of September.
- The Board approved the designation of agents for hazard mitigation grant program applications for flood-prone properties.
- The Board adopted a resolution to award a service sidearm to a retiring Police Officer.
- The Board approved an update regarding murals at Dr. MLK Jr. Park and asked staff to ensure the Board has opportunity to review mural designs.
- The Board passed a resolution for assistance to Carrboro residents who are beneficiaries of the DACA Program.
- The Board passed an ordinance clarifying membership numbers on Carrboro Tourism Development Authority.
- The Board authorized town staff to move forward with an update to the town code to include Gender Neutral Language.
- The Board approved a request to set two public hearings on October 22, 2019 relating to the proposed site specific, flexible zoning district at Old NC 86/Eubanks Road. These public hearings will take place at the OWASA Community Room on Jones Ferry Road in Carrboro.
- The Board approved an amendment to the June 19, 2018 meeting minutes.
- The Board adopted a resolution setting the public hearing for Kentfield Subdivision conditional use permit located at 905 and 921 Homestead Road for September 17, 2019.
- The Board was provided with an update on the design process for the Jones Creek Greenway.
- The Board accepted a Stormwater update and service delivery report.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx